Volunteer with San Diego AMA!
Want to learn more about marketing and grow your professional network? The San Diego AMA has opportunities for volunteers in several functional areas as well as event committees. Roles are flexible – we’ll work together in matching your interests and availability with the Chapter’s needs.
Benefits for students and young marketers:
- Get hands-on marketing experience
- Grow a professional network in San Diego
- Work alongside experienced marketers
- Have fun!
Benefits for marketing professionals:
- Gain experience in new disciplines
- Build relationships with colleagues
- Connect with local marketing talent
- Make a difference in your industry
- Have fun!
What’s next? Choose an Area That Interests You…
There are many ways to be involved with the Chapter and we can find or create one that fits your goals, interests, and availability. Here are some of our teams:
- Collegiate Relations Manager (1-2 hours / week) – Coordinates a team of Collegiate Liaisons across San Diego County ensuring the San Diego AMA’s programming, educational and networking opportunities are shared with the student population accurately and timely. Assist in program development for students and young professionals.
- Collegiate Liaison (1-2 hours / month) – San Diego AMA is dedicated to serving marketing professionals of all experience levels, including those still in school. The Collegiate Liaison will establish & maintain relationships with student organizations, faculty advisors and/or other related entities to establish a two-way communications channel allowing the San Diego AMA to involve the aspiring professional population in chapter events, networking and volunteer opportunities as well as keep chapter leadership up to date on campus programs and initiatives.
- Volunteer Web Coordinator (1-2 hours / month) – The Volunteer Web Coordinator will be tasked with maintaining the open volunteer positions listing on sdama.org/volunteer. An attention to detail, demonstrated Word Press proficiency and basic copy-writing skills are required.
- Corporate Relations Manager (1-2 hours/week) – San Diego AMA is committed to being a resource for marketing expertise as well as a local community of marketing professionals. Connect with marketing leaders at San Diego’s best companies and share the value of AMA membership and our local chapter. Build relationships to increase involvement and membership.
- Membership Acquisition Coordinator (1-2 hours/week) – The Acquisition Coordinator will respond to inbound membership inquiries providing timely responses and information. Conduct informal in-person market research at chapter events to determine why attendees are not members and suggest improvements to the membership messaging. An outgoing, detail oriented and creative volunteer is needed.
- Membership Retention Coordinator (1-2 hours/week) – The Retention Coordinator will utilize their refined people/social skills to initiate contact with members as their San Diego AMA membership is expiring to encourage renewal and provide an avenue for member feedback to the chapter leadership. Seeking out and engaging members at chapter events is an additional responsibility.
- Event Lead (2 needed) (2-3 hours/week) – Work with the Co-VP’s of Programming to support venue recommendations and logistics, and day of event planning efforts. Help coordinate promotional content(event overview, speaker bio, etc.) & speaker presentation. Coordinate networking opportunities at events.
- Mixer Lead (2 needed) (1-2 hours/week) – Coordinate mixer events including venue recommendations and logistics, and day of event planning efforts. Develop the content for promotion of these events.
- Day of Event Volunteer (various dates) – The San Diego AMA event planning committees rely on a team of single day volunteers to ensure the successful and smooth execution of the program. Duties may include host duties, registration, traffic flow direction, speaker liaison, A/V coordination, networking facilitator and many more.
…Then Get in Touch!
We look forward to meeting you!