Accelerate YOUR Purpose
The West Coast’s largest cause and purpose-driven marketing conference is back and better than ever before. Now in its 18th year, the San Diego AMA Cause Conference is a force driving social good and community impact through strategic, purpose-inspired brand marketing.
We’re unveiling exciting updates on a regular basis. Don’t miss out! Join our mailing list to stay in-the-know.
Doing Good is Good for Business
Consumer purchase and engagement criteria are changing drastically. Fueled by unprecedented innovations in technology and access to information, consumers are savvier than ever before, increasingly seeking out brands and causes that align with their values. Are you prepared to seize this opportunity?
#CauseSD: For The Aspiring and The Advanced
Marketers, leaders and entrepreneurs from brands and organizations driven by purpose attend the San Diego AMA Cause Conference. Whether you’re launching a grassroots cause, expanding the social impact of your mission, or driving continued growth and engagement of an established, purpose-driven brand, you’ll acquire the expertise to achieve your goals.
Tools to Fuel Your Growth
A strategic marketing-focused event, attendees will empower their brands and organizations with:
- Actionable Education: Learn from carefully-curated and diverse experts from the agencies, non-profits, and international brands driving revenue and resources through mission-oriented branding and marketing campaigns.
- Relationships and Connections: Connect with passionate, purpose-minded professionals, share valuable ideas, and collaboratively tackle your toughest marketing and engagement challenges.
- Inspired Purpose: Excel in 2016 and beyond with reinvigorated passion, innovative ideas, and creative solutions to drive the actions that progress your brand.
Call for #CauseSD Speakers, Sponsors and Exhibitors!
Do you like to lend your expertise? Are you passionate about helping brands and organizations achieve impact through strategic, practical cause and purpose-driven marketing? For a limited time, we are on the lookout for visionary partners who can create an amazing learning, networking, and purposeful experience. Become a #CauseSD speaker, sponsor or exhibitor today.
Volunteer opportunities now open, too!
Agenda: At A Glance
Check back soon for detailed schedules.
Cause Con Kickoff
May 18: 5:00 – 8:00 PM
May 19: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Crowne Plaza – Mission Valley,
Cause Con Bootcamp
May 20: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Cause Con Kickoff
Date: May 18, 2016
Time: 5:00 – 8:00 PM
Price: FREE!! (with Cause Conference admission)
Purposeful Networking, Informative Learning
The Cause Con Kickoff is more than just a great party for purpose-driven brand executives and senior-level marketers. It’s a highly interactive, engaging, and fun-filled event with activities you don’t want to miss like:
- Networking Mixer
- TED-style Panel of Purpose-Driven Brand Experts
- Fun Kickoff Activities
More details coming soon.
We’re adding agenda, session details, and speaker updates on a regular basis. Don’t miss a beat. Sign up to receive our newseltter.
The 2016 San Diego AMA Cause Conference is comprised of general sessions, facilitated networking, “un-conference” programming, and breakout sessions in four strategically designed tracks.
|Track||Ideal Attendee||Tentatively Planned Topics*|
|Keynotes & General Sessions||All conference attendees||
|Starter||Grassroots organizations and start-ups new to the cause marketing and purpose-driven branding space||
|Business||Business leaders, entrepreneurs and marketers looking to deepen the social impact of their brand||
|Nonprofit||Executive leaders and marketers of non-profit organizations||
|Advanced||Marketers of larger purpose-driven brands with advanced cause marketing programs||
*Subject to change
Lock in Your Spot Today!
Book your ticket before they’re gone.
Cause Con Bootcamps
Date: May 20, 2016
Time: 9:00 AM – Noon
Price: AMA Members $100, Guests $120, Nonprofits $100 — Save $20 when you buy the ALL-ACCESS PASS!
Intimate, Applied Planning
Enrich your #CauseSD experience with a customized planning workshop. Develop your own plan in one of two areas:
|1. Brand: Transform Your Business into a Force for Good||TBD||Frank G. Scarpaci
|2. Marketing: Digital Cause Marketing Plan Development||TBD||Julien Brandt, CEO & Founder, OrganikSEO
Samantha Kerstetter, Social Media Manager, OrganikSEO
Attendees of past Cause Conferences represent the region’s leading companies, agencies, service providers, nonprofits, and educational institutions. Similar to the San Diego AMA membership base, attendees skew towards management and leadership with strategic, decision-making and management roles.
BECOME A SPONSOR
This unique event is designed to provide our sponsors with optimal brand visibility and meaningful, one-to-one interactions with prospects. It truly is a strategic investment in your marketing strategy. As a sponsor, you’ll enjoy:
- Intimate opportunities to network with 300+ prospect marketers and share your unique products, services and value proposition
- Increased brand awareness through San Diego AMA promotional channels to over 10,000 marketers
- Real integration into conference promotions and activities, means you’re truly a part of the action—and our attendees see you as such
- A suite of high-value benefits tailored specifically to your unique business model and sponsorship goals
OPPORTUNITIES AND BENEFITS
There are many ways to become a San Diego AMA sponsor. From cash sponsorship to in-kind trades, they’re all vital in supporting a thriving non-profit organization for marketing professionals.
We work with each of our sponsors to intimately understand their goals and collaboratively design a sponsorship package with benefits that matter. Sponsor benefits may include:
- Digital: Web and email integration, blogs, podcast interviews, media advertisements, video and commercials, spotlight features, social media
- Event Activation: Tickets, discounts, exhibitor tables, signage, podium recognition, swag and promo items, VIP designation, event hosting
- Print: Postcards, collateral, conference program, ads, press releases
- And more!
Tell us a little about yourself, and we’ll be in touch soon. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Be an Exhibitor!
- Intimate opportunities to network and share your unique products, services, and value proposition
- True integration into conference programming with tables optimally positioned in high-traffic spots throughout the day.
To promote high-quality attendee engagements, the number of spots are limited. Book yours today using the form below. Questions? Email email@example.com
Call-for-Speakers Has Ended.
Thank you for your interest in speaking! The deadline for applications has passed.
We’re currently reviewing and vetting all speaker submissions. If you’ve recently submitted a proposal to speak, thank you! We’ll contact each applicant by Friday, February 12.
Limited sponsorship opportunities are still available. See the opportunities that await your brand.
Are you looking for that great, game-changing opportunity? Do you have a passion to innovate and deliver award-winning career opportunities for professional marketers? Yes, you say? Then you should consider volunteering for the 2016 San Diego AMA Cause Conference. Opportunities include:
- Integrated Communications Manager: Develop com plan; manage scheduling, development, and messaging alignment of all conference marcoms (email, web, social, content, PR, advertising)
- Media & Advertising Manager: Manage content development, scheduling and placement of TV, radio, print, display ads through our pre-arranged media partners
- Content Marketing Manager: Manage content marketing schedule/topics, sourcing (e.g., sponsors, speakers), conversion strategy, distribution of content including blog, podcasts, and video
- Social Media Manager: Develop conference social media strategy; create & manage social content calendar to integrate w/ Board social; source content for social media from key partners (e.g., sponsors)
- Copywriter: Write email content, flyer content, and promotional collateral content
- Pre-Con Mixer Event Manager: Manage event logistics, catering, and programming for Pre-con Mixer
- Outreach Manager: Support the conference by promoting the conference within key stakeholder communities, may be engaged for partnership or speaker outreach, listing on the website, etc.
- Exhibition Manager: Coordinate sponsor and exhibitor booths including logistics, layout, and exhibitor communications
- Sponsorship Coordinator: Work with board sponsorship group, secure title sponsors, coordinate sponsor booths, arrange in-kind (e.g., media, bags, swag, prizes, happy hour location deal)
Tell us a little about yourself, and we’ll be in touch soon.
Thank you to the brilliant San Diego AMA Cause Conference leadership team!
- Tricia Link, President & CEO, Classics 4 Kids; former VP Community Engagement & Foundation Executive Director, Mission Federal Credit Union
- Chris Carter, VP Communications, Marketing & Public Affairs, San Diego Food Bank; former Director Public Affairs, British Property Federation
- Programming & Sponsorship Director: Frank G. Scarpaci, President, VIANOVA
- Event Planning Director: Barbara Haines, Executive Admin, San Diego AMA
- Marcom Director: Kimberly Gossard, MBA Candidate at Rady School of Business, UCSD
- Outreach Chair: Renee Zau, Founder & CEO, DonationMatch
- Engagement Contest Director: Nancy Carroll, Business Development Director, Groovy Like a Movie
- Scholarship Director: Cody Becker, Director, Clean Tech Open
- Parker Pike, Founder, San Diego AMA Cause Conference; Marketing Instructor, UC San Diego, Co-owner and VP Marketing, Village Mill Bread Company
- Neville Billimoria, SVP of Membership & Chief Advocacy Officer, Mission Federal Credit Union
- Sarah Bilyeu, VP Community Relations and Business Development, San Diego County Credit Union
- Ken Davenport, CEO, Mission Edge; Vice Chair, Balboa Park Committee
- Beeta Jahedi, Sr. Director of Learning Programs, San Diego Grantmakers
- Nancy Jamison, Executive Director, San Diego Grantmakers
- Lenore Lowe, Executive Director, Nonprofit Management Solutions
- Cami Mattson, Director Community Relations, Cox Communications
- Michelle Nixon, Director Community Relations, San Diego Gas & Electric
- Lakshmi Paranthaman, Executive Director, San Diego Social Venture Partners
- Mike Spear, Director Business Development, Classy
- Angela Titus, Executive Vice President, Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation
- Rubi Trevino, Chair, Young Nonprofit Professionals Network
ALL-ACCESS PASS: Boost Your Purpose
Save even more with an ALL-ACCESS PASS, which includes admission to the Cause Conference, Pre-Con Kickoff party, and a hands-on Cause Con Bootcamp facilitated by expert cause marketing and business consultants. Enrich your #CauseSD experience and attend all three with the ALL-ACCESS PASS.
|5/18 Cause Con Kickoff||✔||✔|
|5/19 Cause Conference||✔||✔|
|5/20 Cause Con Bootcamps||✔|
Conference & Kickoff Only