Are you ready to see what we have been up to? Don’t miss your chance! The board has been busy diligently working to enhance your AMA San Diego experience and increase value. Come join local marketers at the official unveiling celebration happening just a few weeks away.
- Meet the 2017 – 2018 AMA San Diego board members and volunteers.
- Learn about transformation of AMA San Diego.
- Find out what we’ve planned for the new year.
- Meet branding experts Julie Lyons, President, Zenzi & Michelle Peck, Creative Director, FreshForm, as they share their insights and knowledge on rebranding efforts and why it’s relevant for all organizations!
- Network with top marketing trailblazers in San Diego.
- Enjoy drinks, appetizers, and desserts.
Spark Events Hall is San Diego’s newest & hottest event hall in town!
Spark is centrally located in the San Diego Pyramid Center on Miramar Road.
Julie Lyons, President, Zenzi Communications
As President of Zenzi Communications, Julie Lyons is a pioneer in values-based marketing, using data science and psychology to uncover people’s purchase motivations and brand preferences. Julie has over 20 years experience in brand communications, with a proven track record for such diverse brands as Shea Homes, Coors Brewing Company, PepsiCo and Chiquita. When not psychoanalyzing her co-workers and friends, Julie can be found relaxing with her noisy crew of children and dogs in Encinitas, CA.
Founded in 2002, Zenzi uses data science, text recognition and behavioral psychology to uncover the values of your customers. The resulting insights provide a roadmap for more successful, psychographic-based marketing campaigns.
Core Industries: Technology, Travel and Hospitality, Retail, Consumer Goods, Health & Wellness, Real Estate
Location: Headquartered in San Diego, CA
Certifications: Woman-Owned Business Enterprise; Woman-Owned Small Business
Michelle Peck, Creative Director, FreshForm
As the Creative Director at FreshForm, a design and innovation agency, Michelle provides a human-centered approach to the creative process backed by 15 years of agency experience. Her strategic vision and empathy for the user, guides simplified people-centered solutions—building stronger connections with brands.
Michelle has experience in all industries from technology to education including recent collaborations with Qualcomm, Dexcom, and The Port of San Diego. Past recognition includes the San Diego American Advertising Awards (ADDYs), Hermes Creative Awards, Creativity International Design Awards, and the Web Marketing Association (WebAwards).
Founded in 2001, FreshForm uses a strategic design approach, which centers around people. We design brands, products and experiences that create personal connections and value for a wide array of innovative Fortune 500s, world-renowned universities, and growth-oriented businesses.
Speaker Presentation Title: The role of consumer psychology and customer experience in brand innovation
Innate values and a customer first philosophy allows brands to establish deeper connections with customers—impacting your bottom line. Join Julie Lyons and Michelle Peck in a conversation around the importance of designing a customer-centric brand. Hear perspectives on how psychographics, customer profiling and journey mapping create modern, memorable brands that live beyond a single interaction.
- Understand the real problem you are solving
- Uncover the innate values and motivations that drive your brand values
- Map the customer experience and explore opportunities
- Establish a brand platform centered around the customer that connects and inspires
Many thanks to everyone who helped AMA San Diego launch its new brand!
- Our fabulous speakers, Zenzi President Julie Lyons and FreshForm Creative Director Michelle Peck, who shed light on the importance of company and employee values in developing your brand and the importance of a value-driven brand to the customer experience
- Our attending sponsors UCSD Extension, GreenRope, Whova, Q2 Insights, Richtr Financial Studio, Brilliant Marketing Ideas and especially Winkler Designs, whose principal Arin Winkler led the chapter’s rebrand effort
- Spark event venue for hosting us
- All the volunteers, members and guests who packed the house!