Celebrate a Special Sweet 16 at the 2014 Cause Conference!
The San Diego American Marketing Association’s Cause Conference turns 16 this year, and we’re marking this milestone with our most innovative, immersive and inspiring event to date! Like most 16-year olds, this edition of the Cause Conference is eager to drive – but in this case, we’re talking about driving toward transformational outcomes throughout San Diego’s social sector, particularly in relation to the advancement of “purpose-driven” enterprises.
Transformation through Collaboration
If you’re involved with non-profit or for-profit organizations, you’ll find our thought-provoking presentations and creative, content-rich educational sessions extremely insightful and educational. This event will utilize the latest adult-learning methods and design-thinking theory to create a can’t-miss Cause Conference. Our “Transformation through Collaboration” theme will illustrate how to:
- Rethink relevant terms: why having a “purpose-driven” organization applies to both non-profit and for-profit enterprises
- Redefine roles: how non-profits can emerge from the back seat and grab the social sector steering wheel (the Cause Conference is 16 and ready to drive, remember?)
- Refocus priorities with resourcefulness, not just resources
- Create, curate, collaborate and celebrate social impact to benefit your organization and the entire social sector
- Use “radical collaborations” to create transformational outcomes: a key element in advancing the mission of “purpose-driven” groups
- Enhance your efforts with a shift from egocentric to ecocentric behaviors
- Leverage the connections using creative ideas of key opinion leaders to enact meaningful change
- Understand social sector synergy to tackle challenges, enrich colleagues, form “high trust” relationships, build mutual value…and much more!
The upcoming Cause Conference is specifically tailored for purpose-driven leaders looking to further their brand’s mission, build mutually beneficial relationships with other businesses and organizations, and learn from like-minded individuals. The collaborative nature of the event makes it an ideal platform for business leaders, students and other thriving individuals in the San Diego marketplace, as well as social sector marketing executives, writers, salespeople, advertising associates and others.
Our 2014 Cause Conference is essential for anyone looking to optimize their interactions with the social environment, harness the collective intelligence from networks, and make positive impacts in their networks. Other key points will include leadership & engagement, friend-raising & fund-raising, effective storytelling techniques and many more. Our previous 15 Cause Conferences offered exceptional value and with applicable knowledge that attendees took with them to implement in real situations. This year’s event will be our best yet, with contributions from purpose-driven companies and non-profits like SDG&E, Cox Communications, Mission Federal Credit Union and Qualcomm.
The San Diego AMA is ready to DRIVE ahead with the Sweet 16 Cause Conference. We’d love to have you come along – so jump in and buckle up… the ride starts May 27th!
Interested in attending the 2014 AMA Cause Conference? Please read below for details, pricing and other information.
- What: San Diego American Marketing Association’s 16th Annual Cause Conference
- Where: University of San Diego Joan Kroc Peace and Justice Center (map & directions)
- When: May 27th (evening) and May 28th (all day)
- For more information about the specific daily agenda, click here.
- One night: $49 for AMA members ($59 for non-AMA attendees)
- Full day: $169 for AMA members ($199 for non-AMA attendees)
- Please note: there is no combined discount.
The San Diego American Marketing Association looks forward to seeing you at the 2014 Cause Conference! For more information about this exclusive event, please call us at (619) 402-7825, or reach us with an email message to email@example.com. Plus, you’ll find other ways to reach us on our contact page.
Thanks again – and remember, “Transformation through Collaboration” starts with local business associates, students and non-profit representatives just like you!
Tuesday Evening Event: May 27, 6pm-9pm
Location: USD La Gran Terraza Restaurant
From facilitated networking and a moderated keynote, to cocktails, scene setting presentations and a silent auction, join us for an inspiring evening introduction for the conference event to follow.
6:00p – 7:00p Check In, Networking, and Silent Auction
7:00p – 7:30p Ignite Presentations – 5 minutes each
Presented by: Shannon McCrary, Creating America’s Kindest City, Scott Schimmel, YouSchool, Sarah Hernholm (WIT) and Ken Davenport (Mission Edge), An Example of Radical Collaboration
7:30p – 8:30p Moderated Keynote**: Ron Fowler, San Diego Padres*, Rolf Benirschke, Former NFL Player for the San Diego Chargers and Founder of Great Comebacks, Marty Remmell, ProKids/The First Tee, and Steve Farber, Extreme Leadership
Wednesday Full Day Conference: May 28, 8am-8pm
Location: USD Joan Kroc Center for Justice and Peace
Join San Diego’s purpose driven leaders in both the for-and-non-profit spaces for an event unlike any other. The day will open with thought-provoking moderated keynotes, fast paced ignite presentations, social media interaction in real time, and inspiring collaboration with speakers and peers alike. After lunch, set against a beautiful USD backdrop, you’ll experience team-centric break-out sessions designed to encourage lasting change through collaboration, a “genius forum”, and a happy hour to discuss takeaways from this inspiring program.
Morning: *All sessions through lunch will take place at/around the main auditorium.
7:45a-8:30a Check In
8:30a-8:45a Welcome: A Definition and Application of Transformation Through Collaboration
8:45a-9:15a Social Energy Primer with Dr. Alan Daly, UCSD Educational Studies, Neville Billimoria, Mission Federal Credit Union, and Dr. Devin Vodicka, Superintendent of Vista Unified School District
9:15a-9:25a Power in Numbers: A Demonstrative Tweet Poll
9:30a-10:15a Alliance Building with Neville Billimoria – You’ve Learned About Social Capital, Now Let’s Practice It! Presented by Dr. Tina Beranbaum, Centauric
10:15a-10:30a Three Ignite Presentations – 5 minutes each Presented by: Sarah Boltwala-Mesina, Inika Small Earth Inc. – TOPIC: Corporate Zero Waste
Andrea Yoder Clark, Your Because is – TOPIC: Creating a Community through Random Acts of Kindness
Stanley Kim – TOPIC Interactive Asset Social Sector Map for the Region
10:30a-11:15a Moderated Keynote**: Larry Kesslin, 4-Profit, Will Marre, Rescue Social Change Group , Molly Cartmill, SDG&E, and Dr. Ken Druck, Jenna Druck Center and moderated by Dr. Alan Daly
11:30a to 12:30p Lunch– Parker Pike Scholarships and Fast Pitch Competition presentations
12:30p- 3:40p Attendees have the opportunity to attend three one-hour breakout sessions in the afternoon from. Topics and Speakers include:
- Social Branding Impact
Presenters: Will Marre, Rescue Social Change Group, and Jeff Jordan, Rescue Social Change Group
- Leadership as a Hero’s Journey: Moving Beyond Toxic Leadership & Transforming Uncertainty and Anxiety into RESULTS
Presenters: George Reed, University of San Diego, Eric Kaufmann, University of London, and Steve Farber, Extreme Leadership
- Resilience and Engagement – Cornerstones of a Purpose-Driven Leader and Organization
Presenters: Dr. Ken Druck, Jenna Druck Center, and Peter Barron Stark, Peter Barron Stark Companies
- Fostering Cross-Sector Collaboration in San Diego to Drive Change in Our Region
Presenters: Karen Henken, SD Social Innovation Trust, Parker Pike, UCSD Extension, and Jennifer James, Harder+Company Community Research
- Students Making an Impact through Social Entrepreneurship & Engaging Millennials in Community Leadership
Presenters: Sarah Hernholm, WIT and Patricia Marquez, Ashoka Changemakers
- Effectively Engaging & Partnering with Government Agencies
Presenters: John Ohanian, 2-1-1 San Diego, Dale Fleming, County of San Diego HHSA, and Holly Crawford, County of San Diego
- The Power of Trust and Applying These Principles in Purpose-Driven Organizations
Presenters: Nancy Jamison, SD Grantmakers, and Liz Shear, USD Nonprofit Governance Symposium
- Virtual Counselor Network: The Future of Non-profit Counseling Services in the 21st Century
Presenters: Chi K. Elder, Citi Community Development, Susan Moore, San Diego County Library, Ali Tarzin, Community HousingWorks, Myrna B. Pascual, US Dept. of Housing & Urban Development, and Appaswamy “Vino” Pajanor, Housing Opportunities Collaborative
- Data for Good: Measuring and Communicating what Counts! Presenters: Andrea Yoder Clark, Your Because Is, and Matt Ellis, Measurabl
- The Next Evolution of Cause Marketing Presenters: John Lincoln and Krishnan W. Coughran, Ignite Visibility, Woody Moore, thrdPlace, and Susan Cooney, Givelocity
- Effectively Building CSR into Your Business Philosophy and Communicating the CSR Story
Presenters: Damien & Rachel McKinney, McKinney Advisory Group, Gina Anderson, Savii Group, and RJ Kelly, Wealth Legacy Group
- Creative Collaboration
Presenters: Mike Hannigan, Give Something Back and Benito Delgado-Olson, K to College
- Strengthening Compassion, Creativity, and Critical Thinking in Higher Education
Presenter: Dr. Marilee Bresciani Ludvik, SDSU
3:40p-4:00p Ignite Presentations (4): Making A Difference in 5 Minutes or Less
Presented by Amon Rappaport, i.d.e.a. – TOPIC: The Power of Story, Laura Kohn, Education Synergy Project – TOPIC: Old School to New School: High School Transformation through Linked Learning San Diego, Sara Schairer – TOPIC: COMPASSION IT
4:00p-5:30p The Genius Forum – How Do We Design an Ecosystem for Cause-Driven Collaboration? Led by Eric Kaufmann
*Speakers may be subject to change
** Other panelists being finalized
Co Chair Sponsors:
Interested in being a sponsor? Download the Cause Conference Sponsorship Kit for more information.
Fast Pitch Competition
To honor this year’s theme, “Transformation Through Collaboration”, we will be bringing together the winners of San Diego’s three Fast Pitch Competitions for a final “pitch off.” We hope to support up-and-coming business and non-profit leaders to actualize their ideas, as well as raise awareness around the budding entrepreneur community in San Diego. We hope to support up-and-coming business and non-profit leaders to actualize their ideas, as well as raise awareness around the budding entrepreneur community in San Diego.
All applicants must have made it to the final round of competition in one of the following and have been a finalist in their category. The Advance San Diego Social Venture Partners Fast Pitch Competition, The University of San Diego Social Innovation Challenge or The San Diego State Zahn Innovation Center Fast Pitch Competition. Past winners in each competition may also apply. One candidate will be chosen to represent each program in the Cause Conference Competition.
Deadline for application is April 30th, 2014 at 5pm.
Parker Pike Scholarship
The San Diego Chapter of the American MarketingAssociation, will award $1,000 to a San Diego County college student who has demonstrated exemplary application of business and marketing practices to help a local, regional or national nonprofit organization that is a legally recognized, 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization. This act of service should be related to the 2014 conference theme, “Transformation Through Collaboration.” The scholarship will be presented at the Annual Cause Marketing Conference.
Deadline for application is April 30th, 2014 at 5pm.