COLLABORATIVE, MEANINGFUL NETWORKING
San Diego AMA’s Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are communities of marketers that informally come together around a common interest or topic to share ideas, knowledge and experiences with others in the field. Guided by an expert facilitator, SIGs are a valuable for:
- Meaningful Networking: Interactive, quality networking and ongoing interaction among like-minded, cross-industry marketing professionals
- Collaborative Problem Solving: Tackle some of your toughest marketing challenges and questions in a collaborative, supportive setting
- Innovative Ideation: Inspire your campaigns with proven tips, tools, resources, best practices and solutions from cross-industry peers and AMA marketing experts
SIGS are open to all and significantly discounted for AMA Members! LEARN MORE >
FORMAT AND STRUCTURE
The San Diego AMA SIGs consist of informal groups organized around interest areas across various verticals. These meetings are meant to create an opportunity for interaction, networking and referrals. SIG meetings are lightly structured and offer a place to go offline, get conversation happening and enjoy an opportunity to network with a diverse group of professionals. Here are some of the formats to be expected:
- Round Table Discussion: one topic is discussed within the group; Moderator will keep the discussion on topic.
- “Hot Seat”: A company or member that has the potential for a symbiotic relationship will present their “case”.
- Interactive Education: allows for speaker (or topic facilitator) to spend 15 minutes presenting a topic and then allow for 45 minutes of discussion around that topic.
- Panel of Experts: brings in experts in a particular subject area to provide feedback
LOCATION AND VENUE
Locations will vary depending on the availability of the Facilitator/Chair of the SIG. A few suggested locations might include: sponsored meeting room spaces, business conference rooms, shared co-working spaces or non-hosted lunches or Happy Hours.
FACILITATION AND LEADERSHIP CHAIRS
Each SIG meeting is to be facilitated by a SME in the selected subject area. To support the facilitation efforts, each SIG will consist of a Chair position. On occasion there is potential for a Co-Chair position depending on demand.
FREQUENCY AND DURATION
SIG group meetings are expected to have a minimum meeting once every three months (per quarter), but can be as frequent as monthly based on the coordination of the SIG Facilitator/ Chair. The duration of each of the meetings can rang from one to two hours in length depending on venue availability and facilitator/chair availability.
Average attendance is 10-15 attendees per SIG meeting.
MEMBERSHIP AND COSTS
AMA Members (Local & National) may attend for only $10. Non-AMA Members are encouraged to attend for a nominal fee of $15.