Take Your Expertise to the Next Level!
Looking for that great, game-changing opportunity? Have a passion to innovate and deliver award-winning career opportunities for professional marketers? Yes, you say? Then you should consider volunteering with AMA San Diego. SEE OPENINGS >
- Develop New Skills: It’s a great opportunity to hone or expand skills to apply in your day-to-day.
- Share Your Expertise: Give back to the community by putting your marketing and events expertise to work.
- Enrich Your Network: Develop meaningful connections with a network of marketing influencers.
- Have Fun: Enjoy lots of laughs and make new friends with a great group of people.
- Enhance Your Resume: Stand out in the stack. Many regional recruiters seek out our volunteers.
- Propel Your Career: Gain valuable experiences and achieve your career goals faster.
Find the right volunteer opportunity for you!
Let us know how you’d like to get involved!
Tell us a little about yourself, and we’ll be in touch soon.
GET AHEAD. TODAY.
Find the right volunteer opportunity to learn, connect and excel in your career. You’ll have the chance to work with an amazing team of marketers that share your passion for the industry. Grow your professional network, and have fun while you’re at it!
READY TO JUMP IN?
Let us know how you’d like to get involved. Get in touch with us here.
VP Volunteer Engagement (Board Position)
- A key and vital role, develop and implement volunteer recruiting and retention strategies; Support longer term board succession planning.
- Lead a team of volunteers to intimately understand current and prospective volunteers’ development goals and interests and pair them with the needs of the organization.
- Serve as the volunteer’s advocate by creating exciting opportunities and benefits that align with the interests and goals of our volunteers.
- Time commitment: 3-4 hours per week
VP Corporate Engagement (Board Position)
- Representing AMA San Diego, foster strong relationships with San Diego CMOs, CHROs and other business leaders to acquaint them with AMA San Diego employer engagement opportunities including group membership, professional development ticket bundles, event hosting, sponsorship, speaking engagements, skill development, team volunteer opportunities, and more!
- Personally refer corporate partners to appropriate Board Members to explore corporate engagement opportunities in greater detail.
- Support the launch and ongoing management of a new, innovative tool designed to deliver unique and extraordinary value to AMA Members and Partners.
- Grow and develop a team of devoted volunteers to support Corporate Engagement initiatives and launches.
- Time commitment: 3-4 hours per week
VP, Collegiate Relations (Board Position)
- Set up and attend collegiate events such as career fairs, marketing fairs and information for speaking engagements in efforts to enroll student members and start new chapters.
- Maintain, promote and increase membership in mine program for students and professionals.
- Work as a liaison to all current collegiate chapters and act as a resource for all their AMA San Diego needs such as speakers, information, event volunteer information and opportunities, and connect chapters together for events.
- Onboard new volunteers for collegiate program support as needed.
- Time commitment: 2-4 hours per week
VP Analytics (Board Position)
- Grow, lead and mentor team of volunteers to execute on plan and achieve organizational and professional development goals
- Lead team to monitor and analyze survey data and digital marketing analytics; summarize key insights in dashboard summaries
- Provide insightful recommendations and consultations to the Marketing Division and Board of Directors to optimize digital marketing performance and improve member/partner/attendee experiences
- Support and fulfill ad-hoc research and analytics requests from Board
- Time commitment: 3-5 hours per week
Event Programming Manager (Events)
- Engage and connect with influential marketers by reaching out or following up with prospective speakers, panelists and moderators
- Vet their alignment against AMA San Diego brand, member needs, and events programming plans; recommend top candidates to VP Events to confirm
- Desirable skills: Applied marketing knowledge and a passion to create exceptional learning opportunities for modern-day marketers
- Avg. 2-3 hours per week
Content Manager (Marketing)
- Passion for writing
- Write engaging copy for weekly emails promoting upcoming events and other AMA happenings
- Write content for event pages on corporate website
Acquisition & Campaign Manager (Membership)
- Create and manage fun, engaging programs that effectively communicate the value and advantage of AMA membership to drive new member signups
- Lead the member acquisition promotional campaigns
- Collaborate with leaders from the Events, Partnerships, and Marketing divisions to identify synergies that drive new memberships
- 1-2 hours/wk
New Member Engagement Manager (Membership)
- In this fun, relationship-building role, you’ll serve as an AMA ambassador by personally welcoming all new Members to the AMA marketing community leveraging innovative, interpersonal communication technologies
- Help members identify new, exciting ways to get the most value out of their AMA Membership and provide incentives to utilize benefits
- Collaborate with the VP of Membership and VP of Programming on New Member Welcome activities in conjunction with chapter events
- 1-2 hrs/wk
Value Development Manager (Membership)
- You’ll have the opportunity to manage and enhance programs that offer new, innovative forms of value and access for AMA Members while growing your network of top San Diego marketers!
- Develop campaign that encourages Members to utilize their benefits and serve as “AMA advocates”
- Lead the Preferred Partner Program program and expand the the portfolio of marketing service providers that offer exclusive discounts and perks for AMA San Diego Members.
- Be the voice of the AMA Membership
- 1-2 hours/wk
Director of Collegiate Mentor Program
- Promote and market to students and marketing professionals to join Mentorship Program
- Increase enrollments of professionals
- Manage mentor online platform, participants and process
- Attend AMA events and speak to mentor program with goals of more enrollments
- Attend other local professional events and speak to mentor program with goals of more enrollments
Sponsorship Fulfillment Manager (Art of Marketing)
Coordinate sponsor and exhibitor booths including logistics, swag, layout, and exhibitor communications
Speaker Relations Manager (Art of Marketing)
Works with the Program Chair to describe the content parameters with potential and secured speakers; procures outline and speaker materials before the event for proper alignment; provide all session and speaker info to Marketing for materials and promo channels
Attendee Engagement Manager (Art of Marketing)
Develop and manage activities and mobile app to drive meaningful engagement among attendees, exhibitors and speakers; support prize coordination
Logistics Coordination Manager (Art of Marketing)
Create a meaningful, positive event experience with strategic event space planning, layout and traffic flow, room assignments, signage, parking, AV.
Mixer Coordination Manager (Art of Marketing)
Manage event logistics, catering, and programming for day-before activities including the pre-con Mixer
Volunteers Coordination Manager (Art of Marketing)
Works with VP Collegiate Relations to secure day-of volunteers; meets with volunteer in advance to train and support; coordinates assignments and volunteers day of the event
Research Manager (Art of Marketing)
Manage and administer the market research insights-gathering process sharing insights from past years and collecting insights needs to optimize future Art of Marketing; prepare report of findings to report out in post-mortem
Integrated Communications Strategist (Art of Marketing)
Develops com plan and key messaging; support the integration of promotional messaging, timing, development, and messaging alignment across marketing channels (e.g., email, web, social, content, PR, advertising)
Earned Media Manager (Art of Marketing)
Author press releases and pitch conference to traditional and media outlets for earned coverage
Advertising Manager (Art of Marketing)
Develop content for TV, radio, print, search, display timeline; manage ad timelines and coordinate all ad deliverables (excluding social ads)
Content Marketing Manager (Art of Marketing)
Manage content marketing schedule/topics, sourcing (e.g., sponsors, speakers), conversion strategy, distribution of content including blog, podcasts, and video; optimize for conversion
Social Media Marketing Manager (Art of Marketing)
Develop ticket sales social media strategy; creates and manages social content calendar to integrate w/ Board social (Board to publish); sources content for social media from key partners (e.g., sponsors) including paid social media advertising
Copywriting Manager (Art of Marketing)
Develop email content, flyer content, and promotional collateral content; support review and approval major marketing materials
Analytics Manager (Art of Marketing)
Develop and implement a tagging strategy for marcom efforts, provide recurring reports and recommendations for optimization of campaigns across email, web, and social.
Outreach Manager (Art of Marketing)
Develop, manage outreach to stakeholder communities/alliances to encourage cross-promotion; develop templates and leverage resources for partners to use
Lead Art of Marketing Marketing Subcommittee to deliver strategic, accurate conference marketing promotions (e.g., email, web, social, content, PR, advertising) and materials (e.g., signage, booklet) and achieve conference coms goals.
We love our volunteers!
They’re an eclectic group of marketers who bring brilliant ideas and inspiration to AMA San Diego. It’s their hard work and dedication that deliver award-winning content and career-advancing opportunities for the San Diego marketing community.
Let us know how you’d like to get involved!
HELP US CHANGE THE ODDS FOR SAN DIEGO’S CHILDREN!
Fellow San Diego Marketers! Join us in an exciting opportunity to make a big difference for San Diego children through our partnership with the United Way of San Diego.
Did you know: Kids who struggle to read, struggle to spell, and those from low-income families are 6 times less likely to graduate?
AMA San Diego is looking for 2-3 marketers with tactical direct mail experience — list acquisition, copywriting, and design — who are willing to provide an extra group of eyes to help the United Way of San Diego with its upcoming drive. This is an important donation drive for the United Way with a specific focus on children’s education, which has already provided a much-needed, positive impact to the community.
Individuals who are interested can get in touch directly with Brandon Hull firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 218-4531, or fill out the form below to get in touch with us.