Website County of San Diego
PER COUNTY RULES, THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR APPOINTMENT AT STEP 1, $57,137.60. COUNTY EMPLOYEES ARE SUBJECT TO THE COUNTY PROMOTION RULE FOR STEP PLACEMENT IN ACCORDANCE WITH COMP ORD 1.3.5.
Exciting Opportunity for:
Coordinator, Volunteer and Public Services
(Marketing and Public Relations Option)
The County of San Diego’s Department of Parks and Recreation is seeking to fill their vacancy for Coordinator, Volunteer and Public Services. As a Coordinator, Volunteer and Public Services (Marketing and Public Relations Option), you will be responsible for researching, preparing and implementing outreach campaigns in order to market the various programs and activities the department offers to the community.
Qualified Candidates will have:
1. An associate’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, or a certified foreign studies equivalency in public relations, public administration, marketing, communication or a closely related field, AND, three (3) years of paid experience developing, administering, and evaluating a comprehensive marketing or public relations program involving the development of public awareness of major programs;
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university, or a certified foreign studies equivalency in public relations, public administration, marketing, communication or closely related field, AND, one (1) year of paid experience as described in #1 above.
Additional years of experience as described above may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis; OR, completion of appropriate course work from an accredited college or university may substitute for the experience requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Experience in speaking before large groups, civic organizations or public gatherings is highly desirable.
- The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with various groups
- Outgoing and sociable and have the desire to build and foster strong business relationships with various stakeholders
- Knowledgeable and creative in implementing marketing plans and in incorporating market intelligence into current and future marketing strategies
- Analytical and experienced in forecasting and managing marketing budget
- An independent thinker and willing to take on large projects with little guidance
- A strong writer and willing to wear multiple hats from an editorial perspective in order to tell a story on various parks and recreation events and activities
- Extensive experience in managing special events
- Adaptable in multi-tasking and switching from one project to another and in meeting deadlines and budget goals without compromising the quality of work
Qualified applicants will be placed on a twelve (12) month employment list based on scores received during the evaluation of information contained in their employment and supplemental applications. Please ensure all information is complete and accurate, as the responses you provide on the supplemental application questionnaire will be reviewed using an automated evaluation system. If you are successful in the initial screening process, your application will be reviewed individually to confirm that the information you provided is accurate and qualifying.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable an individual with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions of a job, on a case-by-case basis.
Apply online today at: http://www.sandiegocounty.gov/hr/.