Website Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service is a client-centered, impact-driven
Organization: Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Position Type: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: $51,500 – $53,000
Full-Time Benefits: Benefits for this position include a 401(k) plan, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and generous holiday benefits.
Are you passionate about creating an exceptional online user experience?
Do you have a history of managing websites that tell stories and drive users to action?
Do you want to be part of a creative team that loves coming to work every day?
Ready to do some good in the world?
If you answered yes, then we should talk.
Jewish Family Service of San Diego is looking for a WordPress Site Administrator/Designer who can help us through the final phases of building a new website and take ownership of content management, email marketing, and promoting volunteer, fundraising, and client initiatives. As the Site Administrator, you will be responsible for the overall user experience, ensuring that our website and email marketing tells the JFS story and produces results.
You think with both sides of your brain.
You have an eye for design, which you balance with technical aptitude and an analytical mindset. You are quick to master new technologies and deploy them in original ways to achieve a stunning user experience. You’re as eager to jump in with creative storytelling or marketing ideas as you are to troubleshoot, test, and evaluate their usability.
Your attention to detail has been described as “extreme.”
You have a genuine passion for keeping things neat and tidy. You thrive on clean cabinets, inboxes, and filing systems, and you’ve never met a process you couldn’t improve. At the same time, you know how to stay focused on the big picture while delivering at the tactical level.
You see the world through UX colored glasses.
You’re passionate about giving every person who interacts with the JFS brand – both internally and across external-facing channels – an unforgettable experience.
Collaboration is your favorite sport.
You’re a team player who can manage multiple shifting priorities and effectively communicate with grace, intelligence, and humor. You’re hungry to learn, stretch your limits, and start contributing to one of San Diego’s most impactful human services agencies. You are a positive, solutions-oriented team player who is excited that every day you will be helping San Diegans change their lives.
- Ownership of the JFS website; making daily updates and leading interdepartmental efforts to tell our story and drive actions on the site
- Code and modify website, from layout to function
- Develop email campaigns, forms, and other web features in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Craft the online donor experience to reflect our mission and accomplish our fundraising goals
- Create targeted strategies using segmentation and based on user interest
- Editing and implementing WordPress Themes
- WordPress plugin integration and development
- Monitor website’s traffic to measure effectiveness and create Google Analytics reports
- Evaluate and advise on all web content including layout and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Tests sites and newsletters on multiple platforms and browsers
- Stay current on industry tools and trends; continually learn and implement new technical skills to improve the agency’s web presence and fundraising success
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of web design experience
- Email marketing and/or online fundraising experience preferred
- Solid understanding of WordPress, themes, widgets and responsive mobile development
- Experience with content management and customer relationship management systems. Proficiency in Luminate Online is a substantial plus.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Understanding of basic UX principles and what makes a great user experience
- Google Analytics experience preferred
- Strong project coordination skills, including ability to work proactively and efficiently, set priorities, and meet overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail, especially with regards to the ability to update content on a website
- Have a good eye to make sure implemented design keeps with the design aesthetic
- Proven ability to resolve new web tasks that require research and troubleshooting
- Experience working in Marketing department, nonprofit, or marketing agency is a plus
- Outstanding communicator, you’ll be able to interact professionally with all levels of staff, both internal and external, especially mid to senior management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
READY TO MOVE FORWARD?
To apply, please submit your cover letter, salary requirements, and resume on the following link: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1911537
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please, no phone calls. Please, principals only. Local candidates only (relocation is not provided).
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Since 1918, Jewish Family Service of San Diego has been a trusted community resource for individuals and families in times of need. JFS’s wide range of integrated services Empower Individuals and Families to Move Toward Self-Sufficiency, Support Aging with Dignity, and Foster Community Connection and Engagement throughout San Diego County and the Coachella Valley. JFS provides essential services to people regardless of religion, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ability, gender identity/expression, or sexual orientation. To learn why JFS is One Source for a Lifetime of Help, visit www.jfssd.org.
Salary Range: $51,500 -$53,000
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1911537 →