Website Jewish Federation San Diego
Vision: A vibrant, caring, connected and enduring community.
Position Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Under the direction and oversight of the Marketing Manager, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will have a keen understanding of Federation’s audiences and work to determine the most effective donor-centric communications and demonstrate Federation’s impact in the local and global Jewish community. In coordination with the Marketing Manager and other senior staff, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator creates an array of Federation collateral, including but not limited to, print and web content, direct mail, electronic newsletters, stewardship materials and social media.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Marketing Manager to plan and execute initiatives to reach target audience through appropriate channels, including, but not limited to: email, social media, brochures, various fundraising and donor and volunteer relations materials, event invitations, print and digital ads, etc. Federation marketing collateral that is consistent with the current branding platform, including but not limited to brochures, invitations, advertisements, email, press releases, videos, e-newsletters, annual reports, website, direct mail communication and news articles
- Work with Community Partnerships team to identify important stories/initiative updates of interest
- With MM, ensure messaging, branding and content are accurate and consistent
- Coordinate and manage the marketing and communications calendar
- Prepare weekly community-wide e-newsletters
- Support ongoing updates and enhancements to the website
- Create, post and monitor social media (FB, Twitter, blog)
- Craft and distribute event-related eblasts
- Assist with event planning needs, such as event set-up and photography
- Attend all major events as needed (some evenings and weekends required)
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS
- 2-3 years of marketing, communications or advertising experience.
- Demonstrable experience in digital marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Results-oriented and a passion for creativity
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new skills
- Works collaboratively in a cross-team capacity
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Web analytics, Google Adwords etc.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and web development tools.
- Graphic design and video editing ability a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Jewish community, customs and traditions preferred