Website Leichtag Foundation
Position: Communications Associate
Status: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Weekends, evenings, and holidays may be required on occasion.
Reports to: Senior Manager of Philanthropy and Communications
The Communications Associate will coordinate Leichtag Foundation’s external communications to strategically engage Leichtag Foundation’s various audiences. The role’s responsibilities include continuously designing and adapting social media, websites, emails and other communications tools to grow Leichtag Foundations network. Effective communications will be informed by ongoing data analysis. If you enjoy interpreting data to craft targeted communications and advance social impact, then this is a great role for you.
About the Leichtag Foundation
The Leichtag Foundation is a private independent foundation located in Encinitas, California, with a strong interest in advancing the North County coastal region of San Diego where our founders Lee and Toni Leichtag, of blessed memory, lived and worked. The Leichtag Foundation also supports programs in Jerusalem, Israel. The Foundation currently holds approximately $125 million in assets and has granted about $119 million since its inception in 1991 – more than half of this since becoming independent in 2008. The Foundation focuses its philanthropy on combating poverty and increasing self-sufficiency for residents of coastal North County; supporting and inspiring vibrant Jewish life in coastal North County; stimulating renewal, service, and social activism in Jerusalem, Israel; and building strong connections and relationships between San Diego and Israel.
In 2012, the Leichtag Foundation purchased the former Paul Ecke Ranch in Encinitas, California, now known as Leichtag Commons. Leichtag Commons is the home to Coastal Roots Farm, The Hive, small- and large-scale events, eight agricultural tenants and more. The Foundation’s goal for the Commons is to create a physical platform for the advancement of the strategies listed above and a cultural and community resource for the San Diego region.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
· Draft content for external communications and manage the Foundation’s social media accounts.
· Assist with developing slide and video presentations.
· Manage and organize digital media assets.
· Develop and regularly publish web and social media content that clearly articulates the Foundation’s strategic framework and funding strategies and that elevates issues of importance to the Foundation, highlights grantees and their work and shares what we are learning with relevant audiences.
· Maintain and regularly update the Foundation’s websites.
· Maintain and regularly update the Foundation’s social media handles; track and evaluate stakeholder engagement on social media.
· Develop procedures for the Foundation to monitor and constructively engage in relevant online conversations, and advise and support staff on use of digital media tools.
· Interface with communications consultants as needed.
· Create event invitations and ads.
· Support communications needs for Leichtag Commons, The Hive, and Coastal Roots Farm.
· Update Salesforce profiles consistently and on a timely basis. Monitor and ensure data integrity.
· Support customizations and configurations in Salesforce.
· Assist in maintaining technical documentation on processes, policies, and application configuration.
· Assist with creating and maintaining reports and dashboards.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum of two years of communications experience, including strong experience with social and digital media. Nonprofit or philanthropic experience preferred.
· Familiarity with databases, such as Salesforce.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field is required.
· Solid experience implementing and integrating Salesforce third-party applications, App-Exchange products and tools.
· Solid understanding of relational modeling, database design and data integration tools.
· Experience working with development vendors and interdepartmental teams.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong eye for visual design.
· Experience working with digital media, social media, web design, publishing and CRM platforms.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite.
· Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills.
· Superb internal and external customer service orientation.
· Ability to be open and flexible to new ways of working with diverse communities and organizations and to new ways of working across functional areas within the Foundation.
· Excellent creative skills and ability to experiment to attain new, better strategies, approaches, work products and solutions to challenges.
· Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks along with an ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, team environment.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Leichtag Foundation offers a competitive benefits package.
Typical Working Conditions
The Communications Associate will work inside an office, as well outdoors on occasion. There will be exposure to Southern California outside temperatures, chemicals used in the agricultural industry, and loud noises.
Essential Physical Tasks
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, lifting and carrying.
Computer, printer, office equipment.
How to Apply
Please email resumes and note the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
The Leichtag Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.