Website AVID Center
AVID – Advancement Via Individual Determination – gives educators nationwide a real-world solution for accelerating the performance of underrepresented students and impacting success school wide. AVID is a nationally recognized firm with a 30 year + track record and is expanding their staff to include 6 new Partner Engagement Managers (PEM). These individuals will be field based (see details below) and will be responsible for expanding current partnerships at school districts as well as increasing adoption of new districts in their region.
Working out of a home office in the Eastern (2 positions), Central (2 positions), Western (1 position) or California (1 position) divisions, the Partner Engagement Manager (PEM) will increase the reach of AVID in the assigned region by identifying and recruiting new sites so that more students are prepared to go to college. In addition, the PEM’s will listen to AVID’s partners, embody the equity ideals of the organization, and create sustainable partnerships built on shared goals and uncompromising partner service.
Preferred start date is April 1, 2015 but may be flexible depending on the selected candidate’s current employment status.
Application Deadline: January 23, 2015
- Manage data from marketing and coordinate deployment with the division teams to assure targets are identified appropriately; opportunities for partnership expansion are identified and pursued in order to increase the reach and penetration of AVID.
- Work with local AVID division teams to strengthen and expand current partnerships
- Work with local AVID division teams to identify new partnerships
- Forge relationships with schools, districts, and local and state education agencies
- Partner with districts and schools utilizing a consultative approach to determine school needs and create implementation plans
- Provide prospective partners with proposals and documentation of AVID
- Understand and communicate partners’ unique needs and challenges, and advocate on partner’s behalf
- Meet annual goals and establish annual goals increasing AVID penetration in new schools
- Present at a variety of venues on the benefits of AVID
- Manage resources while prioritizing account activities across the defined territory including documentation of all discussions in the CRM system.
- Convey with passion and conviction the AVID mission and vision
- Willingness to travel as required by the position (at least 50%)
Other duties as assigned by the company
The Partner Engagement Manager must provide evidence or demonstrate the following:
- Success inspiring and influencing higher levels of management, such as Curriculum Directors, Superintendents, and Chiefs
- Success developing, maintaining, and growing relationships with schools and school districts
- Flexibility, adaptability and creative problem solving when faced with complex adaptive challenges
- Strong character traits expected of a leader that include, but are not limited to: respectful treatment of colleagues and others, integrity, honesty and a positive work ethic
- Ability to speak effectively when interacting with others or presenting information; experience presenting to small and large groups
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to compose correspondence and reports
- Self-motivated with proven success working in collaborative environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction (both internal and external) through attention to responsive and quality service
- Ability to engage with new contacts and make cold calls
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse, complex system and in a multicultural environment
- Effective use of technology tools for communications, planning, management and presentations, including a working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in utilizing a customer relationship management system (CRM) a plus
- Possess valid state driver’s license
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Marketing, or related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in Education, preferably at LEA or SEA levels.
Working knowledge of technology and communications software such as WebEx, Skype, Google Docs, etc.., is preferred. Understanding of school funding cycles is preferred. Experience expanding share of a service or product offering at a partner level is preferred.
How to Apply: Upload a cover letter and resume (saved as one document) by following the online instructions here: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=12017511
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Important Note: Offers of employment made by the AVID Center are contingent upon the satisfactory outcome of a background check performed by an independent, accredited firm.
If you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources department at AVID Center at 858-380-4700 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary Range: DOE