Website University Auxiliary and Research Services Corporation (UARSC)
The Marketing Specialist (MS) is responsible for growing the California San Marcos University (CSU), Institute for Palliative Care’s presence, enhancing the brand and providing valuable information about the Institute’s programs and events to various audiences.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the MS will coordinate, schedule and track marketing plans; create, produce and/or edit written and digital media for all marketing-related efforts.
If you meet the minimum requirements below and have a passion for social media (utilizing the plethora of online tools from Twitter to blog posts and eBooks), are creative, a strategic thinker and have strong organizational skills – please scroll down to the bottom of this post and apply using the link provided; go to our website to read the full job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, Business, Marketing, Health Care Management or related field; Master’s degree desirable
- Five-plus years’ experience in journalism, writing, marketing, business, or related field
- Experience of palliative care, health care, and education writing preferred
- Ability to track communication schedules, plans, and content
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a solid foundation in grammar, spelling, and the composition of various communication vehicles
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Understanding of online marketing
- Self-starter with ability to turn ideas and concepts into clearly written and compelling stories
- Creative ability to deliver persuasive marketing-oriented copy
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the use of:
- PC computer, Windows operating system, and/or Mac, OS, copy and fax machines, LaserJet printers, scanner, multi-line telephone, DSLR camera
- Software – MS Office, Excel, Word, Internet, Outlook for email, PhotoShop, Adobe Premier, HootSuite, TweetDeck, Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas or similar editing app, MailChimp, Infusionsoft (or similar CRM)
This position will not have supervision responsibilities.
This person is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment
This position is subject to criminal and other background checks and the incumbent must pass and hold a satisfactory outcome at all times
University Auxiliary and Research Services Corporation (UARSC) was founded in 1990 as a 501(c) 3 public, nonprofit corporation to support the mission of Cal State San Marcos, the 20th campus in the California State University system. UARSC offers an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, life and long term disability insurance, paid holidays, and generous vacation and paid time off leave benefits. For more information about UARSC, visit our website at www.csusm.edu/uarsc.
“JEANNE CLERY ACT AND CAMPUS FIRE SAFETY RIGHT-TO-KNOW LAW” NOTIFICATION – See Police Department’s website located at: http://www.csusm.edu/police/Clery.pdf
Please apply by clicking “Apply” and be sure to submit a cover letter and resume along with your online employment application. UARSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, medical condition, military service, veteran’s status, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
For questions or if you experience any difficulties with the online application process, please contact UARSC Human Resources at (760) 750-4700.
Salary Range: DOE
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.csusm.edu/uarsc/hr/employmentop/index.html →