We’ve got a lot to look forward to!
AMA San Diego chapter leadership spent the day together Saturday, January 28 fine-tuning plans for the second half of the 2017-2018 year.
It’s a ritual we perform twice yearly, once at the beginning of the board’s term and again mid-year.
This time, we met at the newly re-opened Jackie Robinson Family YMCA. We were fortunate to have the new facility open its doors to us and heard Executive Director Michael Brunker explain how his team built an oasis for families in one of San Diego’s more disadvantaged communities.
During our five-hour meeting, we reviewed our monthly programming schedule, major conference plans, commitment to member and sponsor value, communication strategy and volunteer opportunities to make sure we finish the year strong.
We also made sure to have some fun, sharing favorite life hacks and personal milestones.
As we talked, we couldn’t help feeling we’ve got a lot to look forward to the remainder of the board year:
- Visual & Performing Arts Marketing Panel Discussion and performance of The Cake, Feb. 16 at La Jolla Playhouse.
- Art of Marketing Conference, May 11 at Crowne Plaza Mission Valley. Our theme this year is Breaking Through the Noise.
- SEO Bootcamp, June 13.
- Some fun mixers, more news to come.
- A full slate of Special Interest Group meetings. We’ve got three great SIGs now: Content Marketing, Hispanic Marketing, and Research and Insights Development. And we’ve got plans for more, stay tuned.
- Interesting podcasts and other cool content ideas.
We look forward to seeing more of you in 2018!
Join the team!
Want to help us crush it in 2018? Volunteering with AMA San Diego is a great way to learn new skills, expand your network and give back to the marketing community. Plus, volunteers save big on all our events; sometimes they’re even free! Find the perfect fit for your skills and interests today!