Website California Coast Credit Union
This position is accountable for managing multiple marketing communications and community relations projects and events of moderate to extreme complexity. Exercises judgment and independent decision-making. Assists teams in achieving key success measures on time and within budget. Responsible for project planning, design, research, development and implementation of assigned projects. Responsibilities also include collaborating with subject matter experts, managing vendors and developing executive level summaries.
• Supports multiple departments, Marketing and Community Relations.
• Concurrent management of 8-10 complex projects and 6-8 less complex projects to support a $2.5 billion credit union with over 170,000 members.
• Management of projects, events or campaigns with budgets up to $50,000.
• Collaborates with department management and staff 25 branches, and call center, as well as multiple external vendors.
• Manages complex projects that have impact on brand and member growth, member service and credit union profitability.
• Responsible for managing project or event resources: employees, vendors, equipment and facilities.
• This position reports directly to the Assistant Manager, Marketing.
NATURE & SCOPE:
• Provides direct support to Assistant Manager; as well as marketing specialists and community relations specialists.
• Develops complex project or event plans, schedules, and detailed activities lists. Plans meetings and prepares progress reports.
• Monitors projects that require integration between numerous departments and/or third parties such as vendors and service providers to ensure successful completion of assigned tasks. Serves as liaison and provides feedback to management, staff and vendors. Determines solutions through analytical and project management skills.
• Prepares proposed communication plans and drafts internal and external communication for values-based brand and community efforts. Tracks progress and produces related reports.
• Assists in managing website content management system and making content website content changes. Helps to produce assigned email campaigns and track and measure the results.
• Serves as the lead and vendor liaison for the Robohead project management software. Develops and guides use of standard project management processes, tools and methodology. Ensures required project data and information are maintained.
• Manages marketing budget for assigned projects and events. Assists in the department’s annual budget development. Maintains budget records and periodically provides spending reports.
• Assists in developing and executing new strategies and tactics to increase member growth. Using member data from the Marketing Customer Information File (MCIF), makes recommendations to management for general marketing strategies and tactics to help deepen member relationships and enhance member service.
• Responsible for coordinating content execution and reporting for monthly member statements
• Confers with product experts/managers, sales and training, and the compliance departments to ensure assigned campaign launches, procedures, effective delivery of promotions and disclosures are met. Evaluates related campaign performance factors, recommending process and communication improvements.
• Supports member statement production along with all associated content coordination and reporting.
• Provides research and analysis for special projects.
• Other job responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• An undergraduate degree in Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations, or a related discipline; plus five (5) years’ experience in increasingly more responsible positions working directly with marketing, community relations, PR and/or advertising; or an equivalent combination of related education and relevant experience.
• Demonstrated experience with marketing and advertising, including direct mail and postal requirements, media buying and placement and advertising legal compliance. Ability to develop community relations, marketing and advertising concepts and manage production processes.
• Must work independently to manage by broad instructions, objectives and policies. Every project is unique and requires considerable judgment, broad knowledge of marketing and community relations.
• Must have demonstrated ability in critical thinking, innovation and decision making to develop and implement logical and effective solutions to problems in a complex environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills including copy writing and proofreading.
• Must demonstrate the ability to facilitate effective working relationships between diverse groups of people. Ability to effectively work in a team environment, take direction from others, as well as to work independently.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize work in order to handle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
• Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office applications, MCIF and website content management systems.
• Manage complex projects concurrently to successful completion, through effective use of leadership, communication, teamwork and project management skills.
• Confers with product experts/managers, sales and training, and the compliance departments to ensure product launches, procedures, effective delivery of promotions and disclosures are met.
• Monitor project progress, schedule and budget. Report potentially serious deviations that may compromise results and take corrective action as appropriate.
• Communicate pertinent information, orally and in writing, to all stakeholders.
• Ensure member service and satisfaction are a priority in project planning and implementations.
• Work requires concentrated mental attention and focus.
• Work is primarily within a cubicle office setting subject to conversational noise and interruptions found in that environment.
• Ability to tolerate periods of continuous sitting; ability to operate and utilize a personal computer and peripherals.
Note: Staff is expected to perform various tasks, projects and administrative duties as assigned.
Management reserves the right to assign or change duties and tasks to this position at their discretion.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CALICOAS&cws=37&rid=1402 →