Cultivating a healthy, sustainable, and just food system in SDC
The mission of the San Diego Food System Alliance (Alliance) is to cultivate a healthy, sustainable, and just food system in San Diego County. The Alliance is a diverse and inclusive network that works across sectors to promote collaboration, influence policy, and catalyze transformation in the food system. Our work is grounded in our shared platform, San Diego County Food Vision 2030 (Food Vision 2030), and is informed by the experience and expertise of our network and the broader community. Together, we are working to cultivate justice, fight climate change, and build resilience in our food system. More details about the Alliance are in our Operating Strategy.
The San Diego Food System Alliance is seeking a strategic, organized, and data-driven Development & Digital Operations Associate who will be responsible for supporting the organization’s development and communications operations, with a strong focus on the use of digital technology. The Development & Digital Operations Associate will work closely with the Executive Director and the Communications team. The ideal candidate is a highly-organized, tech savvy, and thoughtful individual with strong writing skills and a commitment to relationship building. The Development & Digital Operations Associate will demonstrate deep commitment to the Alliance Statement on Justice and its mission of cultivating a healthy, sustainable, and just food system in San Diego County. This person plays a critical role in nurturing positive culture-building around the Alliance values: respect, inclusivity, collaboration, community, prosperity, health, sustainability, and justice.
Development and Fundraising
- Working closely with the Executive Director, implement the donor cultivation and stewardship plan, with a specific focus on the following:
– Prospecting research and outreach
– Managing and tracking cultivation, proposal development, and stewardship actions
– Processing gifts
– Developing impact reports
– Supporting the execution of special donor events
- Implement annual fundraising campaigns
- Support strategic planning efforts for Alliance fundraising and development
Digital Operations – CRM Management
- With Development, Communications, Network, Advocacy, and Program teams, implement the Alliance’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system:
– Identify CRM requirements and ensure they are met
– Create long-term strategic goals for data quality and system use
– Monitor data, facilitate migrations, and set up integrations
– Assist with documenting standard operating procedures
– Manage donor and fundraising leads
– Ensure accurate campaign reporting
- Support successful adoption of CRM into daily Alliance activities, including donor cultivation, network and membership management, consumer education, events, and engagement
Digital Operations – Marketing & Communications
- With Communications team, support digital marketing operations in the following areas:
– Support email campaign delivery using the Alliance’s Email Service Provider (ESP)
– Support form creation, list imports, segmentation, and automation
– Support execution of email A/B testing
– Identify and troubleshoot issues in ESP and CRM
- Support other Alliance operations functions as needed
- Serve as an ambassador for the Alliance and its values
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent experience
2 years experience in development, communications, or other relevant roles
- Highly organized and ability to juggle many projects simultaneously
- Great writing skills- Ability to acquire and translate complex issues into accessible narratives
- Experience with CRM systems, ESP platforms, and digital marketing
- Basic HTML and CSS knowledge a plus
- Process-oriented, with exceptional attention to detail
- Great with people and building authentic relationships
- Passion around the mission, Statement on Justice, and systems change – a must
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Primary office space in downtown East Village but flexible to work from home when needed and other co-work space locations (La Jolla, Encinitas, etc). Work is generally sedentary in nature, but requires moving around for up to 30% of the time and occasional lifting up to 30lbs. Requires reliable access to transportation throughout San Diego County for meetings and events.
This is a full-time role at $50k-$55k starting salary, depending on background and experience. Benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, and a SIMPLE IRA match program.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, professional references, and a writing sample to [email protected] In your cover letter, please describe your past experiences and/or efforts to advance justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. Applications lacking any of the aforementioned documents will not be considered. (Subject: Development & Digital Operations Associate)
Application Due Date: June 10, 2021
The San Diego Food System Alliance is committed to creating a diverse environment, and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications will be considered regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, or gender.
For more information on San Diego Food System Alliance, visit http://www.sdfsa.org/.
Salary Range: $50,000 - $55,000
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.sdfsa.org/career-listings/development-digital-operations-associate →