The Public Relations and Marketing Assistant is a key component to the marketing efforts, to ensure Promises2Kids has a positive and prominent presence in the local community. This is critical to Promises2Kids’ (Promises) ability to raise funds and provide services and support to foster youth to achieve its mission.
The PR & Marketing Assistant (Assistant) supports the marketing and outreach strategy and activities for Promises including, but not limited to marketing materials, newsletters, direct mail, success stories, social media, e-blasts and campaigns. The Assistant will be an active user of Pardot and support its interface with internal and external constituents.
Under the direction of the PR & Marketing Manager (Manager), this position will assist in drafting and updating content for the website, eblasts, social media, newsletters and other communications. This position supports Promises2Kids internal and external communication efforts, which are critical to raising awareness for the organization.
• Under the direction of the PR & Marketing Manager (Manager), implement the communication calendar activities for e-blasts, e-newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Assist with the implementation of activities in the annual PR & Marketing Plan to meet goals, objectives and activities.
• Draft youth success stories for use in marketing and community outreach.
• Complete quarterly audit of print materials and web page for accuracy, and improvements. Make recommendations to Manager for updates to ensure the most current foundation information and statistics are present.
• Work with other departments for material review for content approval, including drafting outreach pieces for programs and development. This may include but not be limited to brochures, electronic communication, event collateral, newsletters, and direct mail.
• Under the direction of the Manager, coordinate the annual Holiday video project for youth testimonials that will be produced for major donors and shared between December and January.
• Schedule, record and edit additional video testimonials monthly as requested by the Manager.
• Assist with taking photos and videos at events
• Support campaigns including Foodies 4 Foster Kids and others as developed.
• Help prepare marketing materials for use of team members, powerful e-newsletters, writing and editing content and uploading photos/videos for the website, and creating promotional packets for Promises2Kids constituents.
• Create and update a library of all media mentions, ads and stories on Promises2Kids by month for each year.
• Ensure all staff receive copies of materials that are produced and sent out.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Experience in non-profit marketing preferred.
• Experience with Social Media required.
• Experience in Microsoft Office, and design software including Canva, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
• Salesforce and email marketing platforms such as Pardot preferred.
• Demonstrate professional writing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a variety of people and represent Promises2Kids in a positive and professional manner to all staff, visitors, donors, and the community.
• Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and to complete and report on assignments.
• Ability to work under pressure, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Able to work as part of a close-knit team.
• Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality, diplomacy and tact.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and also remain oriented to the “big picture” and established goals.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Must be able to successfully pass the child abuse clearance, fingerprinting, and criminal background check.
• Must possess reliable personal transportation and meet insurance requirements.
Salary Range: $22-$25 hr