Website San Diego Humane Society
The Senior Director of Marketing and Communications works to inspire people to connect with the mission of San Diego Humane Society through strategic communications planning and implementation. This role is responsible for developing and executing the short- and long-range plans for strengthening San Diego Humane Society’s communications, marketing, media relations and branding strategies. Development of these plans includes responsibility for effective management of digital and printed communications vehicles. This is a highly visible position reporting to the Senior Vice President & Chief Philanthropy Officer, while also working closely with staff, volunteers, donors, the media and other key internal and external stakeholders. This position works collaboratively with the communications team in defining goals and implementing strategies and tactics related to marketing communications and branding initiatives. The senior director is also responsible for the management and leadership of a team of 10 professional staff and is responsible for budgetary management of the department.
Qualifications: Education, Skill, Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or other relevant field required.
· Minimum 10 years of direct hands-on, progressively responsible positions in marketing, media relations and communications, with a minimum 5 years of experience in a management role preferably including executive-level leadership.
· Five or more years of strategic communications and leadership experience, preferably serving nonprofit organizations or public interest groups. Quantifiable success in developing, executing and evolving comprehensive and proactive communications strategies and campaigns.
· Must have solid understanding and successful experience with media operations and news organizations with a proven track record of significant placements in Top 30 market news media.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills needed as position will engage with members of the media, senior management, donors, volunteers, organization partners and other key stakeholders.
· Experience with providing effective counsel to all levels of staff on critical public relations issues including media training for on-camera interviews.
· Experience in managing crisis communications planning and implementation. Must be available to respond to news media and staff in the field after working hours.
· Must be skilled with digital communications and related technology, including fluency and hands-on experience with social media platforms.
· Solid project management skills and attention to detail a must with demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
· On-air television interview experience including comfort with live interviews. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with SEO, CMS and other digital technologies.
· Must have a valid California driver’s license and a good driving record.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.sdhumane.org/about-us/careers/open-positions.html?p=job%2FojLwbfwv →