Website Taking Control Of Your Diabetes
Manager of Marketing
Taking Control Of Your Diabetes (TCOYD), a San Diego based 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is seeking a Marketing Manager who possesses creativity and vision with excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills to join our all-star team. We are interested in candidates who have the ability to work within Salesforce in a Marketing Manager role.
About Taking Control Of Your Diabetes:
For over two decades, TCOYD has been the name in the diabetes community when it comes to in-person events to motivate, educate and inspire individuals with diabetes and their loved ones to take a more active role in their health care. In 2017 the TCOYD brand expanded to add a digital platform to adapt to the ever-changing landscape in the diabetes world. This evolution created a one-of-a-kind experience that combines live in-person events with a one-stop resource center focused on digital relationships and information. This pairing offers anyone affected by diabetes the resources and motivation, both in person and at their fingertips, plus the information and inspiration to live the best life they can.
The Manager of Marketing will lead all TCOYD marketing, public relations, and outreach efforts in order to generate live conference attendance and raise overall organizational awareness. The primary goal of the Manager of Marketing is to drive attendance to live events.
Job Responsibilities Include:
· Conceive, write, and manage production of fully integrated marketing campaigns across multiple marketing channels.
· Develop campaigns that are imaginative, engaging, and aligned with the organization’s brand.
· Design, develop, and implement digital communication strategies in order to boost organizational awareness and participant engagement.
· Collaborate directly with conference co-directors and faculty members to create and implement effective marketing strategies to drive awareness and attendance to TCOYD city specific conferences.
· Maintain TCOYD brand voice and style guide in content development and dissemination.
· Write and edit TCOYD content including website content, print content (brochures), digital communication content, social media content.
· Create and manage TCOYD’s digital communication schedule.
· Maintain all current automated digital communication campaigns including pre-conference marketing for all events, post-conference follow up, and monthly and/or weekly communications.
· Collaborate with creative team on the design and implementation of all email templates.
· Create, manage, and edit all eBlast content.
· Plan and execute brochure printing and mailing strategy, and event specific email marketing campaigns.
· Create all types of correspondence and fundraising related collateral (print and electronic).
· TCOYD partner coordination and collaboration.
· Develop and manage the marketing department’s annual budget.
· Prepare mailing targets and track & measure direct mail and e-mail campaign results.
· Assist with strategic marketing planning including development of the annual marketing plan.
· Research, identify, and recommend methods for effectively reaching member and prospective member target audiences.
· Plan, negotiate, buy, and place all out of home media.
· Negotiate and purchase printing and mailing services, and media advertising.
· Maintain online registration and donation portal processes.
· Oversee the completion of custom built Salesforce/Gravity Forms API integration.
· Perform other relevant and related duties as required.
Education, Skills, & Abilities:
· An undergraduate degree in Marketing, Advertising, Journalism or a related discipline plus 3-5 years experience in increasingly more responsible positions working directly with marketing.
· Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize work in order to handle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work in a team environment as well as to work independently.
· Ability to interact with co-workers, take direction from others, understand and follow policies and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
· Paid social media marketing experience with FaceBook Ads Manager, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and managing a Google Grant for Non-Profits.
· API development work setting up the API to connect Gravity Forms to Salesforce.
Salary & Benefits:
· Full-time, in-office (non-remote) position.
· Competitive salary package based on experience.
· 401K and Cafeteria Plan.
· Health and dental benefits.
· Vacation, holidays, sick days, personal days.
· Fun, positive, interactive office environment located in beautiful Solana Beach, CA.
Sitting at a computer.
Occasional travel may be required, possibly in planes and out of the state.
Send resume and cover letter to: