Website AMA San Diego
AMA San Diego is looking for a new treasurer! This is a volunteer position that comes with a free AMA membership for qualified candidates.
Network, make new friends, and support the San Diego marketing community!
TREASURER: Job Description
The Treasurer, reporting to the President, is responsible for monthly financial reporting to the board of directors, annual financial reporting to chapter members and AMA and completing the chapter’s annual IRS filing requirements.
- Works to maintain and improve the chapter’s internal control and financial processes.
- Reviews the Treasury Team structure and internal controls every year to determine the need for fidelity bond coverage.
- Secure signature cards and forms for changing signatures on all chapter accounts before July 1.
- Prepares the preliminary chapter budget based on estimates of chapter officers. Submit to the Board for approval and revisions. Email/submit a copy of the completed budget to AMA via the chapter reporting portal by August 1.
- Reconciles revenue collected via electronic payment, cash and check to event registrations on a monthly basis and records in QuickBooks.
- Reconciles disbursements made to invoices and reimbursement requests, as well as the approved budget and records in QuickBooks.
- Performs monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Applies invoice payments to outstanding member balances in QuickBooks and monitors accounts receivable listing on a monthly basis.
- Creates monthly financial reporting package for board presentation and approval.
- Updates the monthly dashboard report for month-end treasury figures.
- Works with other board VPs to monitor spending within the approved budget and resolve revenue/expense reconciliation issues.
- Prepares annual IRS filing for submission to the IRS and other taxing authorities as required.
- Prepares the year-end financial report for submission to AMA on a modified cash-basis.
- Prepares the annual financial report and summary letter for distribution to chapter members and posting to the chapter’s website
Assumes responsibilities common to all officers and directors
- Serves 5-10 hours per month.
- Attends BOD meetings.
B.S. in Accounting, with CPA license preferred. Experience in not-for-profit financial reporting, not-for-profit IRS filing preparation, motivating and managing a team, and the ability to work cross-functionally, coordinating across a large, dynamic organization required. QuickBooks experience preferred.
Salary Range: Volunteer (Free AMA Membership)