SAN DIEGO, CA ( June 27, 2014) – The local chapter of the American Marketing Association (San Diego AMA) celebrated the best marketing efforts of the past year last night, bestowing American Marketer of the Year (AMY) awards on marketing professionals in a variety of categories.
The AMY awards recognized professionals and their work in the categories of Advertising, Brand Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Interactive/Digital, Social/Viral Marketing, Video/Film/Commercial and the Best in Show – The American Marketer of the Year. The event was held at the W Hotel San Diego and hosted by UT-San Diego Media Director, Taylor Baldwin.
“The event was a wonderful celebration for the San Diego marketing community. It not only rewarded great work, but brought the community together. The creativity and innovation was very inspiring,” said Shelley Callahan, President- Elect of the San Diego AMA.
- The American Marketer of the Year (AMY) award this year was a tie. The judges were impressed with i.d.e.a for their work for the DIVE Day Club at Harrah’s Resort Southern California as well as Geary LSF for their WD-40 social media campaign.
- In the Advertising category, Copper Blue Creative took home the trophy for their Maderas Golf Club campaign.
- The Video/Film/Commercial award went to the Rescue Social Change Group for their innovative anti-tobacco video campaign, Rescue.
- Geary LSF took home the award for best Social Media Campaign for their Facebook sweepstakes campaign for WD-40.
- Copper Blue Creative also took home an award for their “Ask the Pie Guy” Interactive/Digital Campaign for Coco’s Restaurant.
- The award for best Integrated Marketing that incorporated a multi-channel strategy and execution went to Nuffer, Smith, Tucker Public Relations for their SEMA Cares WD-40 campaign.
- Agency i.d.e.a took home the trophy for best Brand Marketing for their introduction of the DIVE Day Club at Harrah’s Resort Southern California.
Runners-up included: SONY and Experiences for Mankind
The event also included a raffle to benefit the San Diego Regional Fire Foundation who was on hand with a fire truck and local fire fighters from Mt. Laguna Fire Station 49.
Event sponsors included the Elevator Agency, W Hotel, U-T San Diego, Q2 Insights, BOP Design, Henkel Design, the San Diego Padres and Provide Commerce.
About San Diego AMA
The San Diego Chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA) is the organization for high performing marketers who are serious about furthering their careers. San Diego AMA is the only education and networking-focused organization that provides information, resources, international presence and valuable connections in a fun, approachable environment where its members can achieve their personal development goals. www.sdama.org